ALL ON X – COMPLICATIONS AND MANAGEMENT OF FAILURES – Toronto
1-day lecture course
When the incidence of a therapy rises, the concomitant emergence of failures are bound to increase. Factors such as misdiagnosis, poor planning, inadequate understanding of the indications, surgical errors, medical conditions, bone qualities and improper prosthetic protocols play a role in contributing to the complications and failures. This full day course will explore common mistakes made by practitioners to achieve immediate function and their resulting sub optimal outcomes.
After these full mouth rehabilitation techniques are in function for a few years, it is not uncommon for implants to fail and the adage “ all on four and none on 3” has made practitioners to over engineer and place additional implants, thus the term all on X. What are the biomechanical implications of these reconstructions when it comes to stability of bone levels, progressive bone loss, screw loosening and prosthetic material fractures? Are there protocols to ensure trouble free maintenance of these full arch restorations?
1. Faulty planning in All on X cases and how to avoid these diagnostic failures
2. Surgical complications with Guides, Free hand surgery and methods to ensure a predictable surgical sequence to get immediate loading conditions in 95% of the cases
3. Surgical failures during interim restorations and how to continue with the fixed provisionals – staging vs conventional approaches
4. Prosthetic complications – Achieving passive fits and minimizing remakes
5. Esthetic complications – Planning with the end in mind for obtaining ultimate esthetics with classic principles of proportions, white and pink scores.
6. Long term maintenance and managing recases for full arch restorations – when should the prosthesis be removed for hygiene?
7. What after all on x catastrophic failures?
COURSE MENTOR: Dr. Shankar Iyer DDS MDS, Prosthodontist
LOCATION: Toronto, ON (Close to the airport)
DATE: Feb 17, 2024
TIME: 9 AM – 5PM
REGISTERATION TIME: 8.30 AM
CREDITS: 7 CE CREDITS
TUTION FEE: $699
*Food and refreshments will be provided