This course is comprised of both lecture and hands-on workshop to learn and practice proper suture techniques to achieve the best possible surgical outcome. It will discuss principles of suturing for different surgical procedures including proper graft & membrane materials, suture, techniques and proper indication of how, what, when, and why to use them. It will demonstrate correct suturing mechanics and will mentor each participant to ensure correct flap design and proper suturing technique is used for primary closure. Free Gingival Graft is useful for eliminating aberrant frenum pulls, halting the progress of gingival recessions, preventing recession around esthetic restorations and increasing attached gingiva. Learn how to choose where and when to use a CTG and how they are effective for root coverage in cases of a severe recession on isolated or multiple teeth, especially in the maxilla where esthetic root coverage is often desirable. This advanced level course is for clinicians who desire to improve their knowledge and surgical skill sets in soft tissue grafting for implant dentistry. This course emphasizes reverse tissue engineering in the optimization of soft tissue architecture for implant site development, surgical implant placement, and peri-implant maintenance.
- Basic principles of suturing
- Suturing safety precautions
- Suture mechanics
- How to choose suture material and when to use it
- Needle types and their use
- Interrupted vs. continuous suturing
- Coronal vs. apical repositioning sutures
- The adequate suturing techniques according to situations
- Suturing following exodontia, bone grafting, and implant placement
- Suturing for deep primary eversion closure
- How to deal with challenging situations for suturing and complications
- Understand the indications, guidelines and surgical protocols for advanced soft tissue procedures.
- Diagnose and treatment plan soft tissue grafts for predictable results.
- Review anatomy, biology, and blood supply of gingival soft tissue.
- Learn the key principles in ap design, harvesting of donor tissue, and soft tissue suturing.
- Perform implant related soft tissue augmentation procedures.
- Recognize, manage and prevent complications associated with advanced soft tissue grafting
CE Credits: 14 Mentor: Dr. David Chong
June 23 ~ 24, 2017 Time: 08:30am - 4:30pm Location: HiOssen Implant - AIC Education Centre | #101 - 8331 Eastlake Dr. Burnaby, BC V5A 4W2 Tuition: $2,000.00 | Early Registration Discount $200 before June 30, 2017 | AGD Member $100 off Contact: Min Yun (TEL: 778-859-5753 / email@example.com) Bill Reid (TEL: 778-999-5483 / firstname.lastname@example.org) Jun Yoon (TEL: 604-353-2344 / email@example.com)
| REGISTER ONLINE |