SOFT TISSUE GRAFTING FOR IMPLANT SITE PREPARATION, RECONSTRUCTION & ROOT COVERAGE FOR GENERAL DENTISTS. 2 Full-Day Hands-on Course Why Should Every General Dentist Attend This Course? The Soft Tissue Grafting course is designed for clinicians who wish to sharpen and expand their surgical skill set to a more advanced level, as well as for clinicians who simply wish to stay abreast of all the new approaches and current philosophies on soft tissue management during implant site preparation, at time of implant placement, as part of peri-implant maintenance, as well as around exposed roots of natural teeth. This advanced surgical hands-on course is centered on ourteaching philosophy and approach; to merge evidence based scientific literatures and deliver it in a practical hands-on manner, making it useful and applicable to everyday practice for the general dentist. The full spectrum of soft tissue surgical techniques will be discussed and presented, including periodontal plastic surgical procedures. All course participants will be provided the opportunity to perform the hands-on practicum exercises on pig jaws covering all the discussed techniques. Esthetic zone reconstruction as well as soft tissue complications will be addressed. This course will also include implant site development and a hands-on soft tissue grafting workshop around both teeth and implants.
TOP REASONS TO ATTEND SOFT TISSUE GRAFTING FOR IMPLANT RECONSTRUCTION:
In this course, you will:
- Understand the key principles of soft tissue grafting procedures with predictable outcomes.
- Describe the science and art of soft tissue grafting via unique interactive lecture discussions, video clips, hands on workshops and surgical demonstrations.
- Experience a welcoming and unique environment for increasing diagnostic and surgical skill sets.
- Learn not just the “how to”, but the “do’s” and “don’ts”.
- Build confidence and develop your skill set with the most utilized soft tissue grafting procedures in implant dentistry.
- Increase predictability and long-term stability of your bone graft cases.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN FROM THE COURSE:
- Key principles for evidence based predictable soft tissue grafting.
- Site specific soft tissue anatomy and wound healing of peri-implant tissues.
- Soft tissue manipulation and incision flap design for predictable bone grafting.
- Optimal sequencing of soft tissue procedures for successful implant surgery and bone grafting.
- Guidelines, indications and surgical protocols for:
- Gingival grafts, subepithelial connective tissue grafts and acellular dermis matrix allografts.
Development of optimal peri-implant soft tissue architecture.
- Most commonly used suturing techniques for implant surgical reconstruction and soft tissue grafting.
Soft tissue grafting protocols for esthetic zone reconstruction.
- Predictable protocols for extraction site management with and without simultaneous implant placement.
- Growth factor technology (L-PRF, PRGF, PDGF) in conjunction with soft tissue grafting protocols.
Risk management issues/ informed consent for advanced soft tissue grafting.
- Recognition, management and prevention of complications associated with soft tissue grafting.
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe our method and philosophy for soft tissue grafting and gain confidence in clinical assessment of their cases.
- Comprehend the indications, guidelines and surgical protocols for different methods of soft tissue grafting: FGG, CTG, Alloderm, Pinhole, CPF, VIPCTG, PRF
- Have a better understanding of the anatomy and the biology of wound healing and soft tissue graft maturation. As well as the peri-implant tissues.
- Improve their skills in diagnosis, prevention, and management of intraoperative and post-operative complications associated with advanced soft tissue grafting.
- Perform implant related advanced soft tissue augmentation procedures.
Mentors: Dr. Omid Kiarash and Dr. Sara Behmanesh CE: 4.5hrs lecture & 7.5hrs hands-on pig-jaw practicum *** don't forget to bring your loupes ***
EXTRA: Optional Live Surgery on Your OWN Patient(s)!!!* Additional $750 per surgery (date to be announced) * available only in Montreal for ODQ licensed dentists after the completion of the 2 full day hands-on course. Cost: $1,399 +taxes = $1,608.50 Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm (breakfast & lunch included) Location | click HERE for more details: - Toronto: Starts Oct 12 | AIC Education Centre | 250 Shields Ct #5, Markham, ON | L3R 9W7) - Ottawa Starts Oct 19 | TBD - Montreal: Starts Nov 23 | TBD Questions / Registrations: Shagufta Wahid – email@example.com | 416 407 4300